Syria’s Assad denies ordering chemical attack

08-09-2013

 

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad rejected claims that he was behind a purported chemical weapons attack in a Damascus suburb in August, in an interview with U.S. based CBS News on Sunday.

“There has been no evidence that I used chemical weapons against my own people,” CBS reported Assad as saying in the interview.

The Syrian president said there is no conclusive evidence that there had been a chemical attack in the Ghouta area of Damascus on Aug. 21.

“He denied that he had anything to do with the attack,” CBS veteran correspondent Charlie Rose said following the interview with Assad in Syria, AFP reported.

 

Source: AFP, Alarabiya

For the latest news follow us on Twitter

Join our Weekly Newsletter

Shortlink:

Related Items

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

15 − fourteen =

Top