Kurdish fighters taking position during clashes with ISIS in the countryside of Sere Kaniye. Photo: ARA News
- Kurdish joint forces deter ISIS-led attack south of Kobane, kill 15 militants
- Terrorist attack hit Kurdish Newroz celebrators in Syria’s Hasakah, 40 killed
- Kurdish forces storm last stronghold of ISIS in Kobane’s countryside
- New influx of ISIS militants to Syria’s Tel Abyad through Turkey
- Kurds bid farewell to Arab fighters killed in anti-ISIS battles northern Syria
- Kurdish forces arrest ISIS-linked cell in Syria’s Hasakah
- Kurdish fighters repel ISIS-led attack north Syria
Sere Kaniye, Syria – The pace of the clashes between the People’s Protection Units (YPG) and militants of the Islamic State (IS/ISIS) increased in the western and southern areas of Sere Kaniye (Ras al-Ain) in Hasakah province, northeastern Syria.
Speaking to ARA News in Sere Kaniye, civil rights activist M.Z. said that IS jihadists launched an offensive on a farm south of the village al-Manajir, where fierce clashes broke out between the radical group and Kurdish fighters.
In the meantime, clashes continued for the third consecutive day in the village of Tel Khanzir, west of Sere Kanye.
Hozan Defrem, a YPG fighter, told ARA News that the IS terrorists aim to advance towards Sere Kaniye “that’s why they launch one attack after another and from different sides”, pointing out that the clashes are still continuing in the village Tel Khanzir; the YPG denying IS control over it.
Also on Thursday, the YPG’s General Command issued a statement, of which ARA News received a copy, saying: “Fierce clashes broke out between our units (YPG) and the terrorist group (IS) in the village of Tal Khanzir, southwest of the city of Sere Kaniye, in addition to the outbreak of clashes near the village of al-Manajir, west of the town of Tel Temir in the northwestern countryside of Hasakah.”
“Over the past two days, our units were able to kill at least 55 terrorists, while seven of our fighters were martyred, and contact was cut off with one of our units,” the YPG’s leadership added.
Meanwhile, the IS hardline group has imposed a blockade on the village of Raqba in the countryside of Tel Temir, while the Kurdish forces obliged people to evacuate the village “for their safety”, local sources told ARA News.
Reporting by: Haitham Haji
Source: ARA News