ISIS recruits Syrian children for jihadists operations. File photo
- ISIS executes senior militant for planning coup against caliphate
- Russian jihadists swear allegiance to Baghdadi
- U.S. and allies intensify anti-ISIS strikes in Syria
- Islamic State militants bomb Shiite mosque in Kuwait
- Three French jihadists return home after fighting in Syria
- Israel arrests several Druze after ‘lynching’ of Syrian
- Iran to increase support to Syrian and Iraqi governments in fight against ‘terrorism’
Erbil, Kurdistan Region – On Friday, a fifteen-year-old Syrian boy blew himself among a crowd of people in a funeral ceremony in the city of Anbar in western Iraq, causing the death of more than 30 people, activists reported.
The child was apparently equipped with an explosive belt by an Islamic State (IS/ISIS) engineering unit and pushed into attacking some Arab figures during the funeral of one of the residents in Anbar.
Qasurah ash-Shami, 15, a Syrian recruit in the ranks of the IS group in Anbar carried out a “jihadist operation in a funeral gathering in Anbar”, killing more than 30 people, and wounding more than 30 others, pro-IS media sources reported.
Some of the injured are in critical conditions, according to pro-IS accounts on Tweeter.
Speaking to ARA News in Anbar, Salma Rashidi, an Iraqi human rights activist, said: “It’s a horrible crime masterminded by this radical group.”
“These barbaric people are recruiting children and killing them in a heinous manner,” she argued.
Islamic State has recruited at least 400 children in Syria in the past three months and given these so-called “Cubs of the Caliphate” military training and hardline indoctrination, a monitoring group reported.
At the training camps, recruited children learn to fire live ammunition and fight in battles. The IS jihadists also recruit children as informants and as guards for their headquarters.
Reporting by: Sarbaz Yousef
Source: ARA News